Ideal Minimiser SE Whistling noise

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have recently had two TRV's replaced because they were seized up. Which obviously required the system to be drained down and new furnox put in. Ever since then my boiler whistles after about two minutes after it's cut in. And I can only get it to stop if I turn the pump up to 3. The boiler stat is and was set at about 3.5. And the pump is a Grundfos Selectric 15/50. I just want to be able to turn the pump back down to 2 because it is too noisy at 3 and for the boiler to not whistle.

Sponsored Links
Heat Excanger blocked. Poor flow and return temp diffs no more than 11c on that unit.

My advise is to start saving for a new boiler as parts no obsolete

Im amazed that you still have one of these that is working, as already advised either a blockage or some trapped air and yes I agree start saving up or put a decent boiler on your letter to santa

Sponsored Links
Many thanks for the replies.
A couple more questions if I may.
onlyfitidealboilers, what do you mean, 'Heat Exchanger blocked. Poor flow and return temp diffs no more than 11c on that unit'. Can I not unblock the heat exchanger and sorry but I don't understand what you mean about the return temp diffs.
Also any idea how much longer it will last?
Cheers.
Gary

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back