I'm just interested.

Child born to unmarried parents - whose surname does it get? ;)
Depends who wear the underpants ;) or i suppose you could have one of them double barreled names but what if two peep with double barraled names have kids what name they get then?quadruple barreled name? :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
I'm sure and I would hope that a child born out of wedlock is loved every bit as much as one born to married parents.

Blasphemous - I believe marriage is a more demonstrable commitment to a relationship in which to raise children. My post was to see if people felt that someone calling their child a bastard (NOTE to mods - is this really a "naughty" word!!?) despite it being the truth, made them feel uneasy in view of the fact they have taken a conscious decision not to marry.

The post wasn't about any stigma being attached to the children or for that matter about the old lady. I just used her to try to show it wasn't said in a malicious way.

Sponsored Links
all 3 of my children bear my surname,the father has to be at the regitrastion when this is done to have the fathers name,if married then afaik its automatic,the only thing with being unmarried is,the father has no paternal rights over his children(in law)any official forms that need signing i:e hospital forms has to be done by the mother,i had this explained to me by a sister on a ward.
funny how that works,your within a stable family unit and the dad has no rights over his children,YET if he was to b.ugger off the govt will hunt you down and make you pay for the upbringing of said children,worlds gone mad.

let's face it. women are strange chaps.

they get all excited about nothing, and then they marry it

Back