In need of a shower!!!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I just bought a house that has no shower at all. There is no hot water either and the heating system is a hot air blower, down stairs only. How do i go about installing an electric shower and which one is the best that will not cost a fortune??. Please advise.. Thanks.

Sponsored Links
OK, so you have a warm air heating system, and no hot water??

Surely you must have hot water, to bath in and wash up??? The previous owner must have stunk!!! :LOL:

There are plenty of electric showers around, I personally favour Mira or Triton. The Triton ones are cheaper, and available from any Plumbers Merchant. I saw sone really good deals in PlumbCenter on electric showers last week.

Bear in mind, you need to get a cold mains feed and a separate electrical circuit to this shower. The electrical side should only be carried out by a certified competent person, with part "P".

Have a look around at showers, there are loads of designs, and you will need to choose a power rating for your shower also. I tend to stick with 9.5kW, as they are plenty powerful enough and fairly cheap.

warm air unit probably Johnson/starlet, will have DWH,
triton 9.5kw good deals around.
cold feed and part p electritian required.

Thank you all for your replies. Now this is a starting point for me. The previous owners really stunk, if the state of the house is anything to go by. Amongst all the other things that need doing this is one of them.

Somebody please tell me, how do i tell that someone is a part P electrician?

Thanks

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back