Installing acrylic bath securely

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have searched forums and found a few articles on this point but was wondering if methods had prgressed/chnaged at all?

I am fitting new bath at weekend. It is acrylic and has come supplied with an adjustable leg set.

I am wondering if people still use bath brackets? Or build wooden frames? Or fix a batten on three sides of the bath to support the bath weight more.
Or are the legs supplied - just screwed into a 19mm board (to spread bath weight) sufficient to stop bath movement etc?

Sponsored Links
Brackets have to be secured to bath battens and the fixed to the wall on one side and the end. A frame is needed to take side panel and make edge more secure if it is sat on or stood on. the feet have to be screwed to the floor once bath is levelled.

I always fix battens to 3 sides at the correct height and gripfill the bath down to them. That leaves the bath nice and level and I then just adjust the legs down so that they touch the floor and screw them down. I throw the 2 silly little brackets away.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back