Instant Hot Water advice needed please.....

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I recently posted on here regarding the fitting of a water pump from my hot water storage cylinder. From your replies it appears that because I have a "Fortic" or combination storage tank I am unable to fit a pump for the hot water to the kitchen tap.
My next question is this, I am now considering fitting an electric water heater that runs off the cold mains, to provide hot water to the kitchen sink only.
I am looking at the "Wijas Perfect 50" and was wondering if anybody has any experience of these, and whether it would solve my problem.

This is the item in question........
http://www.heatandplumb.com/acatalo...arch&utm_medium=GoogleBase&utm_campaign=Feed1

I live in a small 1 bedroom flat, and have an economy 7 combination cylinder. the pressure from the tank feeds the bath and basin taps with no problem, but the kitchen sink suffers from very low pressure, (almost no pressure).
I am hoping that this will work as it is fed off the cold water at mains pressure.

Sponsored Links
Reading the details on this heater, its water output isn't too special ( 3ltr/min max @ 32deg c ), will this be enough for your needs? Also, I do believe you will need to run a seperate radial electric supply to this heater, as its rated at 15 amps minimum, so would almost be treated as a low power electric shower? Leccies will back me up / crucify me on this point :)

Sponsored Links
I can see no reason why you should not pump the output from a combination cylinder as long as you do not use so much water that you empty the top storage part.

It should not be confused with a Primatic cylinder.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back