Insulate ceiling in lean-to

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm thinking about insulating the roof in a lean-to sort of thing built on the side of my house by the previous owner. The roof is wooden, with sheets of plywood and then felt tiling over that (see picture). It's pitched but not very steep. To keep as much room as possible would it be possible to fix something like insulated plasterboard in the gaps between the joists, and if so how would I fix it in place?

Alternatively I could just attach insulated plasterboard to the joists leaving the rafters sticking out a bit. I've looked online about how to do this but most resources assume more knowledge than I have :) I was thinking about hiring a nailgun, attaching the board with that and then adding drywall screws: would that be a good way to go about it?

Grateful for any advice on this, I've never tried anything like this before so please assume I am a know-nothing bozo. PS yes some of the joists have a little rot, I am fixing that and the roof is no longer leaking .

IMG_0223.jpeg

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back