Insulating Under Floor From Basement Level

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all - loving the new forum look. Great on the mobile (not been on here in a while).

I'm going to be moving into a new house next month and have an insulation question. It is a bungalow but has a large (and very dry) basement. The ceiling of the basement, which is the floor of the main house, doesn't seem to be insulated, unless there is insulation between the ceiling of the basement and the floor boards of the main floor.

I would like to put up insulation boards, Kingspan or the like, however having looked on the website there are so many different kinds I haven't a clue which to buy.

Can anyone suggest if a) putting up insulation boards is a good idea, b) which ones to use and c) what should I stick them up with?

Thanks all.

Sponsored Links
Thanks Freddy. Did search but didn't find anything matching my setup. But your link does, so thank you. I will look through the results.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back