Interior stain or paint for a log cabin?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Can anybody help with this one, please?

I have just built (from a kit) a log cabin in my garden. The wood is pine, or similar.

I have treated and varnished the exterior, but do not particularly want a natural wood finish inside, I would prefer something close to a white paint (hint of lemon/cream or the like).

I was discussing this with a builder recently and he said that it is better to use a stain to avoid the cracking that you might expect with paint. Is this correct, will paint crack? It seems likely that it would to me given the expansion and contraction in this heat.

So, I have looked around for interior stains, but cannot find much other than natural wood stains. I did find one company that did do quite a range of colours, but these seemed to all be darkish, nothing as light as I want.

So, where do I get a light colour that will not crack? Should it be a paint or a stain? I found some washes in B&Q, but I don't like the range they have and am not that keen on a wash that shows the grain beneath. I would prefer a full covering.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Most paint companies make opaque woodstains..check out superdec by sadolin too

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back