Is there a ghost in my shower?!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I installed a Crosswater concealed shower valve and connected in to my Crosswater ceiling shower head with 15mm coper pipe. The pipe runs vertically up the bathroom wall then turns horizontally above the ceiling in the loft and down again to connect to the shower head. About 3-5 minutes after having a shower, water comes out of the shower head in a drizzle for about 20-30 seconds and it then stops. It happened only once, every time after i had a shower. Initially, I thought that the water coming out collected in the shower head but then it happened once when when the shower head wasn't connected. Any ideas what's causing this anomaly?!

Sponsored Links
Sounds just like the excess water thats left in the horizontal pipework above the ceiling.

Sponsored Links
Vacuum.

Give the rose a tap after you turn the valve off.

Wont make any difference

Fit an anti-vac valve if it bugs you, or just tap the rose when you done.

You can buy a tee fitting with a female thread so the valve screws straight in. Use loctite 55 string or PTFE tape to seal the thread.

All that's happening is the water is being held in the pipe/rose by vacuum, then it suddenly lets go. quite common with kitchen taps as well.

You can buy a tee fitting with a female thread so the valve screws straight in. Use loctite 55 string or PTFE tape to seal the thread.
These valves aren't that easy to find. Can you point me in the right direction? Cheers :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back