It's amazing what 'celebrity' can do...

Sponsored Links
Who said anything about 'starving to death'?

Oh that's right, it was you!

But of course since you lack the intelligence to understand this (or any) social problem you twist 'going hungry' to suit your warped agenda!
" I am not an anti vax person...I do not believe the vaccine is real""..Top delusional line LaL.

Just as kids going hungry wasn't addressed until Marcus Rashford spoke out.
Who said anything about 'starving to death'?

Oh that's right, it was you!

But of course since you lack the intelligence to understand this (or any) social problem you twist 'going hungry' to suit your warped agenda!
More like you toy with words to suit yours..If we are now talking of people going hungry ...not dieing of hunger...Then..no problem..I go hungry most days at times...

Sponsored Links
Whatever your view on the jab...

"All adults with a learning disability will be offered a coronavirus vaccine following new advice from experts, in a major win for disability charities and campaigners.
The Joint Committee on Vaccination and Immunisation has issued guidance saying that any adult on the GP Learning Disability Register should be prioritised for vaccination due to the risk of severe disease."

Funnily enough that 'new advice' only came about after an intervention by Jo Whiley.

Anyone who knows a family with a person who has learning disabilities, or who knows someone who works with them, will know that they are treated as second class citizens!

Just as kids going hungry wasn't addressed until Marcus Rashford spoke out.

Politicians only seem to act when someone with a high profile speaks up!
Whilst i generally agree with your point (a rarity, i admit), it's not as cut and dried as it appears with regard to the coronavirus vaccine.

Jo Whiley's input was welcome to raise awareness, but the vaccination plans for people with severe learning difficulties were already in place in many areas, at least they were for my brother.

My younger brother (42) has the highest level of learning disabilities and lives in a full time care environment. He is having his vaccine today, but it had been scheduled well prior to Jo Whiley's publicity. It would have been sooner, but there were logistical issues in getting the vaccine to his home as the home wanted to avoid taking the residents to a GP's surgery or vaccination centre. Availability of the AZ vaccine, with its easier storage logistics, was what made it possible.

Mencap has been raising awareness within the government and public health for some time, but one of the issues has been with GPs and how they record who is on the Learning Disability Register. Jo Whiley's publicity certainly helped with that.

Back