jaguar boilers

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
got called out today to a jaguar boiler about 8 years old. complaint of no hot water but heating ok.not familiar with jag boilers. cant hear the diverter valve changing over so im assuming its gone. is this a common fault with this boiler? or is it more likely to be a sludged dhw heat exchanger?anyone familiar with this boiler? also how easy is it to change the diverter valve is it a strip down job? any help would be appreciated

Sponsored Links
3....2....1.... Run!

Nah; in all honesty they are pretty poor boilers; but I have worked on worse... Whether or not the diverter has gone or the dhw exchanger; never heard of "hearing" a diverter - Maybe the case might need to come off ;)

Does the hot water heat at all? Does the boiler cycle on/off and do the flow and returns get hot when the hot water is called for?

I like Jaguar boilers, very simple and easy to work on.

The only drawback to the original installer is that with a burner pressure of 15 mb they need a full pressure at the inlet.

Tony

Sponsored Links
yer, thanks for the replies.

some of the answers are:
no cycling of boiler, no fan, ignition sequence, etc, no "click" of the diverter valve no nothing!
the cold water inlet filter is not blocked and i have 19mb of gas at the boiler.

I thought a Jaguar was a Plumbcenter own brand....built by Protherm in CZ.

Protherm are a Vaillant Group company, Dave, but are not considered up to Glowworm quality!

Yes simon, jaguar is Plunb center own brand of Glow Worm, before Vaillant group bought Hepworth.

Don't know about the Protherm connection.

Seems like the water manifold diaphragm has split due to wear and tear.
Easy repair to an experienced man. :rolleyes:

Skipgas,
not in Liverpool by any chance? :LOL:
Think thats my problem. No H/W when called for unless heating is on.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back