joining to existing clay pipe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
In the process of installing downstairs wc. Uncovered original clay soil pipe 5" OD about 30" down. Need to cut section out and fit tee with flexseal adaptors, would i have to use a 45 degree tee or would a 90 be adequate? could there be blockage issues? from there i would work my way up via a rest bend to floor level. Building control have told me i would need rodding point. Above ground would a 92.5 branch be suitable for access ie. the waste from the wc coming into the side and the top being accessible for rodding. Any thoughts would be appreciated before i order stuff!

Sponsored Links
90 degree will be fine but ive never understood rodding eyes inside the building,cos if the drains blocked suffiecently you will flood your house with ****.

you will find it easier if you use a flexiseal type coupling to join from the old clay pipe IF you have enough depth to still position your "T" junction at thje correct height

i read it as andcal had dug down inside the building.

did a job a few years back for the local council housing scheme and they had them all inside the kitchen

Sponsored Links
agreed.
still dont see the point of a rodding eye if theres a manhole/inspection chamber nearby.

extending the kitchen into half of the the garage along with a wc. soil stack at back of house, pipe running under garage to manhole in front driveway.i have exposed pipes in middle ish of garage space.dont want rodding eye inside really.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back