karndean flooring

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, i have had a karndean floor laid in our salon and have been in dispute with the approved fitter. The concrete floor was stripped of the old tiles screeded and karndean layed. There are several areas where depressions can be seen and the floor is clearly not level. There are also dimples which can be felt through the tile.I am in the process of considering paying for expert reports to see if a claim can be made. I would like to know before this what the recomended tolerances are for the installation of karnden. Is there a flatness standard for screeding or do karndean have specific guides on how it is laid. I have asked karndean to come and look at it but they will only do so at the fitters request which he is reluctant to do.
Any help advice would be much appreciated

Sponsored Links
If the fitter is not 'playing ball' then having the profesional reports done is your only option. Karndean are unlikely to consider any visit unless their is a fault with the product itself, which judging by the issues you raise, there is not.

The issues would appear to be related to the quality of the floor preperation/installation and as such, even armed with a profesional's report, you will likely be chasing the fitter for any resolution, assuming the contract for fitting/floor prep was direct with the fitter and not through a shop/business/company?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back