Kenmore Washer Woes

TVL

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Washer woes ......... I’m hoping it will be a relatively easy fix, as I just had cataract surgery this morning and I am very limited as to what I can really do until tomorrow.

Washer: Kenmore Electronic Fabric Care
Model: 110.92195510

This afternoon, my wife loaded the washer and started the machine. It filled with water to the proper level and then just 'stared back '. All LEDs were lit as normal and the LED indicating it should be washing or agitating was lit as it should be. In other words, everything appears perfectly normal from the outside.

I have already been thinking about the situation and TRYING to look at the literature that came with the unit. Based on what I have read or can think of, it could possibly be one of the following:

1 -Loose harness connection
2- Transmission/Relay board
3- Motor problem
4- Gearcase

I am hoping it is either #1 or #2 as these would be simply fixes. My question to the experts:

1- What other possibilities can you think of?
2- Does this model or the electronic series washers have a common failure mode when the symptoms I described appear?
3- If it were the motor OR gearcase, are they easily changed?
4- Considering the age of the unit, if it were the motor OR gearcase, would it be more practical to replace the unit instead of repairing? This is the first and only problem we have had with the unit!

Thanks for any information! Please forgive any typos …. it is difficult to see!

TVL

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back