kenmore washing machine

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
okie doke folks,

kenmore washer.

while washing cloths tonight a circuit breaker trips..... "hmmmm, what caused that", I think. I reset the breaker and in a few minutes ***poof***, it trips again,.....

so I'm standing there in the basement watching what's happening and I yell upstairs for my wife to go reset the breaker again.... within a few minutes I hear the washing mashine click on and I hear a "CLICK.... CLICK....CLICK....CLICK"... so I turn off the machine.

I open the lid and it's full of water... I note that the dial is on spin....

......I fugure that something is stopping it from spinning and that's causing it to draw too much amperage, so I grab the sides of the drum and try to spin it.. it's not moving too easily... I try moving it the other direction and after about a 1/4 - 1/2 turn it seems to free up a little and now I can spin it freely by hand..

so I close the lid and turn it on... within a few minutes the washer clicks on and "CLICK....CLICK.... spin......." it begins spinning.

I assume that there is a circuit breaker of some sort that trips if something's wrong then reset's itself after some time interval ..

anyway... does anyone have any idea what causes these things to bind up like that? . if it helps, it seems that when I turn it counterclockwise it binds back up

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back