keston C110 - fan trouble

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys,

Im looking for some help pleaes.

my family have a a keston C110 boiler. Yesterday, the HW side stopped working!! The boiler gave a E28 code 'fan not rotating. we got a enginner out who replaced the fan as it was dead. The boiler fired up straight a way and then the engineer left.

The boiler has again failed and is giving an E28 code again but i can hear thae fan still running. only thing is it seems to be unning to fast. if i reset the boiler, the fan kicks straight in before the boiler is even lit and runs very fast

could anyone please advise what the fault could be as the engineer cant come out until monday and i dont want to be ripped off

Sponsored Links
can anyone just offer me some advice please!! we have no hot water.

im desperate

sounds like the fan has failed but nothing new there :evil:
make sure the engineer fits the new revised fan unit it comes with a small connecting fly lead

Sponsored Links
I agree, fan seems to have gone again, take the new fan back under warranty. however if you already have the revised fan then it maybe an idea to connect and disconnect the lead onto the small connection board it comes with so you "scratch" it and make a better connection :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back