Keypads on Accenta G3 appear to be dead

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Quite foolishly (hindsight is great, isn't it!), I decided to take off the Aceenta G3 keypads so that I could paint the walls around them without it looking like I've just gone up to them and round them (I even take all the plugs and lightswitches off when decorating!).

Not a problem, I thought. As soon as the keypad is removed, it will enter tamper mode. Sure enough, it did. We have 2 keypads in the house, so I asked someone upstairs to type in the code and reset it. All fine.

Now I disconnected the downstairs keypad, and it appears the the upstairs one isn't lighting up (neither of the lights). So I reconnected the downstairs one and that's doing the same.

I went to the box and I put a multimeter across the 4 clear fuses that I can see. Didn't appear to be a problem there (do I have to take the fuses out to check them?)

Put the cover back on. The power light is on. There is voltage across the system if I check the +13v and there is also voltage going to the wires for the keypads (about 3v, I think).

What's strange is that neither of the keypads work now, but the strobe is constantly flashing.

The PIR's also appear to all be working properly (i.e. lighting up when movement is detected).

Can anyone help, please? Happy to try anything as I need this to work again!

:cry:

Cheers.

Sponsored Links
You will have blown the rkp fuse ( F2 , 1A 20m) always best to remove when testing.There may be a spare in the bottom of the panel.

Thanks, guys.

Out of interest, if I try the powerdown option, I'll end up resetting it to factory defaults, won't I?

I'll try the fuse, first presumably I can just get them from B&Q..? Fuse 2, 1A 20mm.

Thanks,
Matt

Sponsored Links
Thanks, folks. It was the RKP fuse. I got a new one from Maplin, put it in and it seemed to be locked up, but the keypads lit up and let me cancel the tamper. Then it went into Permanent tamper. So I put the 2nd keypad back on - still the same. I then put the cover back on the main panel and all was well.

Thanks for your help :D

Matt

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back