Laptops cant swim

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Had a disaster today, was repairing a vaillant 242 diaphragm "no problem". Turned water back on via issolation on boiler, oops I had'nt put the retaining clip back on the cold feed, small but impressive gush of water is omitted, low and behold where's my laptop,,,,,,,,, yeah thats right, in the firing line :oops: :oops: .

Not bothered about the laptop :LOL: :LOL: thought it funny at the time, as its a good excuse to get a new one. then the penny drops........ SH ITE, I aint got a back up of all them MI's........... Trouble is they were'nt just boilers on there all my catering equipment manuals aswell. :oops: :oops: :oops:

Now I need to call on you good chaps out there, Please has anyone got a large list of MI they cold burn to disc for me, for a small fee of course.

PS. not one of these things you see on ebay, believe these are full of mistakes, mine where all found by spending hours downloading..

PPS. Any catering eng's come on here that could do likewise.

OHHH am I going to backup in future :oops: :eek:

Sponsored Links
Craig, did the water get into the HD? If it only got to the motherboard etc. couldn't you take the HD out and recover info onto new HD :confused:

Perhaps a post in computing hardware may get some help ;)

Dont Know to be honest Dave. Will drop it off at the PC doctors first thing, fingers crossed. theres a lot of GIGG on that, still make a good paper weight :LOL: :LOL:

laughing now god help me for the next few months finding it all again.... still the dark nights are coming and I dont play out then :LOL: ;)

Come now, you surely don't mean to tell us that you failed to follow the first and most important ten rules for computer users?

I must back up my data
I must back up my data
I must back up my data
I must back up my data
I must back up my data
I must back up my data
I must back up my data
I must back up my data
I must back up my data
I must back up my data

Sponsored Links
If it was not switched on at the time there is a slim chance it will work after drying out IF it was clean water. If it does you could use a USB link to another machine of an external hard drive / Flash card to copy all your vital files.

Otherwise as others have said the hard drive should have survived and the data recoverable.

Having the hard drive taken out and copied is the best option.

Back