Leak from Astracast Springflow water filter housing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I wonder if anyone can advise me how best to stop a small leak from my plastic Astracast Springflow water filter catridge housing.

There's a little bit of water seeping out between the lid and the housing body. The lid screws onto the body and there's a gasket recessed into the filter housing body to provide a seal. But it doesn't. I've changed the gasket for a new one, but there's still a slight leak.

I rang up Atracast today to ask them for advice and was told to replace the filter housing, because it must be faulty. But it doesn't need replacing, it just needs a bit of TLC.

Does anyone have any good ideas how I can stop this leak? Can I use clear silicone sealant, or would that be toxic (I guess LSX would be!), is there another better way I could try?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Nick

Sponsored Links
Would PTFE, or plumbers tape around the lid thread be suitable? No idea if that stuff is safe for drinking water.

Sponsored Links
Yep, a bit of PFTE tape wrapped around the threads a few times did the trick........................much cheaper than a new filter casing!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back