Leak in the system

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The combi in my new house is a Ravenheat Whitestar combi (yes, I know they are crap!) that powers 4 medium rads.

Anyway, I'm losing 0.1 bar pressure over the course of a few days so obviously I have a leak...how much water are we talking about if it's losing 0.1 bar? I can't find anything apart from a a very small puddle (about the size of half of my palm) under the Auto Air Vent where there is a very slight dribble from a gasket.

Sponsored Links
Why not bleed a radiator and collect the water, while the pressure drops 0.1 bar, you'll have your answer!
Also remember some of the water will have evaporated

Sponsored Links
almost guaranteed to have a corroded system

Why do you say that..is cos it's an old Ravenheat?
although i have yet to find the first ravenheap that is installed properly, that is not the main reason.

the only reason your aav would be leaking is if it opens to let gas out and can not close properly because a bit of carp sticks to the seat. both gas and carp are only caused by corrosion.

it is about as obvious as a flat tire; you are looking at a 90%+ chance that it has a puncture.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back