leaking dhw flow switch?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have an alpha cb24 that is leaking water slowly. It seems to be coming from the base of where the DHW flow switch clips on. I could use a little help:
1. Do I need to drain the system before I remove the DHW flow switch?
2. What stops water leaking out around the flow switch? It seems a prety flimsy piece of plastic so I'm not really suprised it leaks.

As you might have guessed I know very little about boilers but I have called somebody out to fix the thing twice (for other reasons) and it has cost me nearly £400 already. I'm beginning to believe them when they tell me it needs replacing but it seems stupid to replace a boiler that's only problem is a slow leak from around the DHW flow switch.

Anybody got any suggestions?
Thanks, Phill.

Sponsored Links
If you have corectly identified the leak as from the DHW flow switch then you need to turn off the cold feed and replace the gland seal.

A simple task for a boiler engineer!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back