Leaking double check valve - help!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm hoping someone might be able to help.

The double check valve under my kitchen sink is leaking. I originally thought it was the bottom join which connects to the pipe that was leaking but it is the middle (which doesn't have a screw marking on it) - which I believe is the valve itself...

Not sure if I have described that correctly but I'm wondering if I will just need to get it replaced or is there anything I can do to fix it myself?

Any help would be very much appreciated!
Thanks very much...

Sponsored Links
Thank you so much for the responses.

The test point on mine is where the leak is coming from. It doesn't have a screw marking on it, it is exactly the same as the picture you have posted.

Sponsored Links
Sorry, what I meant was that the "test point" which you have circled on the photo isn't a screw. I've tried turning it but it it doesn't screw in or out...

The surface of the test point is flat so I had to use a small pair of pliers to try and tighten it rather than being able to use a screw driver. Not sure if that makes a difference...

Well that is a hex nut and with enough anti clock torque applies it should undo.

They should have a thin fibre washer for sealing but a bit of PTFE tape will also do the job.

Only a couple of pounds to replace with new!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back