lean to roof

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I am looking to build a lean to/Pergola/Veranda on the back of the house (see example pics below). There will be a 4.8m wide x 3.0 metre length deck underneath and what I would like to do is build a lean to pergola over the top with a reasonably priced waterproof roof.

I have a looked at clear coregated PVC roof sheets but whilst these do the job do not look that great. I have also looked at twinwall polycarbonate sheets but these are expensive and can have problems with dirt and bugs so wondered if there was other options.

I dont mind if the material gives any light through or blocks out all sun.

I also wondered if polycarbonate sheets (or any other material) could be installed inbetween the roof joists so that the joists are still visible from the outside or above - to keep the elegance of the roof joists rather than the roof sheet being laid on top on of the joists and therefore hiding them.

Any suggestions and advice greatly appreciated.

Many thanks

chris

[/img]

Sponsored Links
You're setting yourself up for a world of pain fixing your waterproof layer beneath the rafters, rain is a persistent fella!

Thanks for reply Freddy

I was more meaning inbetween the joists rather than underneath but agree with you water can get everywhere so maybe even inbetween joists is a bad idea and I should should just stick with the material over the top of the joists.

when polycarbonate is used on conservatory roofs it looks like its cut into panels and I stalled inbetween roof beams ? On some kind of runner ? Or is it just installed over the top ?

Any other advice greatly appreciated And would love to hear from others who have done a similar project

Cheers

Sponsored Links
Polycarb fits in glazing bars on the timber.

Thanks xenon I did think they might but wasnt sure.

Polycarb roof does seem the best option albeit twice maybe 3 times the price of say corrugated sheets

Will keep looking for others options

Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back