LED tape profiles

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Has anyone had some experience with the aluminium profiles for LED tape?

I want to use a profile with a frosted cover and I'm wondering how much the light output is reduced?

Sponsored Links
Robbox

I have used them in selected areas over worktops.

Some attenuation (reduction of the light) because its frosted.
Some perceived attenuation (reduction in brightness) onto the worktop itself because the light is now distributed over a larger surface (eg also onto the walls rather than tightly onto worktop) by the frosting.

Bigger issue for me is that they are expensive, so I used them where I could see the LED strip and where I wanted to hide the individual LEDs on the strip itself, and make a more consistent line of light.

SFK

if you're having the tape in a place where you can look directly at it, the frosting would be essential, otherwise fairly wasteful. If you want to make it look better, less dotty, increasing the distance between the tape and the frosting cover would help.
LED strips tend to be so bright that any reducting from frosting isn't too bad, but going for a major manufacturer might provide specs on that.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back