lifting a "middle section" of laminate flooring

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need to access pipes which run under the floor at the threshold. The problem is that this would involve lifting a "middle section" of the laminate. ( the short edges of the board are parallel with the threshold)
This laminate has the usual interlocking edges which are presumably designed to stop exactly that! I am expecting to have to start at a skirting board and work my way back but is there a clever trick to avoid doing that?

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the reply. I think I would rather spend an afternoon lifting a couple of metres of laminate than have the visible hatch.
I just don't want to go to all the trouble and then have someone more clued up than I am tell me how I could have done the job in ten minutes with a fishing line and some chewing gum! :D

Does your laminate have edging strips, or does it go under the skirting board? If its the latter, it will be quite a job :(

No possibility of access from below?

Sponsored Links
No edging strips- I will have to remove the skirting. So yes, quite a job.
But like I say, I am quite content to just get on with it as long as I know that it has to be done and I am not missing a short cut. :)

The suspended floor butts to a concrete floor- it's a basement flat and a was a rather cowboyish townhouse conversion at that. so no, no way out. As I have said, I don't mind lifting the laminate from the skirting board end- just as long as I know I really do have to!
Thanks to all for the replies

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back