Lightning strike on a swimming pool

I seem to remember having to paint tyres with a graphite laden black paint to stop static build-up. But when we went to radial tyres the problem seemed in the main to go away.

I can't be sure, but I think I may have read somewhere that carbon in the rubber of tyres allows large static build-up to leak away.

Sponsored Links
I can't be sure, but I think I may have read somewhere that carbon in the rubber of tyres allows large static build-up to leak away.
Adding rubber to tyres to allow static charge to disapate began in the late 50's early 60's if I remember correctly

Adding rubber to tyres to allow static charge to disapate began in the late 50's early 60's if I remember correctly

What was the rest of the tyre made from, before they started adding rubber?

Monday morning and all is going wrong.....

I should have typed CARBON and not typed rubber....

Sponsored Links
wheel.gif

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back