Lino Repair work needed ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Doing a refit on the kitchen and I've got some damp spots that have eaten away at Lino.

This area is a tad damp so thinking what would be the best option here before new base units go in and the flooring.

I am looking at a Click LVT flooring as target material.

Is the area of damage going to be fine with a underlay before the LVT?

Self level compound an option just in this particular spot?

20190220_091736.jpg 20190220_091753.jpg

Sponsored Links
Notadecor8ter, good evening.

Is the damp spot you are concerned about the area in front of the floor drain? does this area of dampness extend behind the white goods?

Was there a leak or was there a spillage during the strip out?

Ken.

Is the damp spot you are concerned about the area in front of the floor drain? does this area of dampness extend behind the white goods?

Ken.

Ken.

Evening to you Ken!

This bit circled is my concern area. Not sure if underlay and the vinyl will hide the patch?

The current damp bit is where the mains comes in, is that normal for a mains entry point to be damp like this? Been like it since I took the old sink out.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2019-02-20 at 19.43.41.png
    Screenshot 2019-02-20 at 19.43.41.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 164
Notadecor8ter

There is a possibility that the damp area could be caused by condensation from the incoming cold water pipe, or dripping from the stop tap, question? is that valve leaking??

Any chance of a closer series of images of the damp area you are concerned about, the area circled?

is any of the timber in the area circled "soft" that is can you easily shove a blade or a screwdriver into any of the timber?

Ken

Sponsored Links
Hi Ken,

There is no timber in that circle its a concrete floor throughout. Its just dirty.

I think the damp patch is condensation to be honest.

Notadecor8ter, Hi

An off the wall question?

is there a draught coming up through the pipe that contains the mains water feed?

Ken

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back