Loft Coversion advice and u Values

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, Converting my loft into a room, had all plans drawn up with calculations by a structural engineer.on floor joist size, spacing etc. No dormer windows, just velux windows.Had building inspector round before I started today, he is saying height at from top of stairs to roof has to be 2m min, I have looked at guidance notes on other local authorities and they state 1.9m acceptable. Is that correct? I have a pitched roof, building inspector states there needs to be 50mm gap between tiles and celotex then celotex which would then be 50mm . Then a further 80mm celotex and then platerboarded, which is drastically reducing the headheight of the loft. Does this sound right? How do I work out the U value which would then tell me what insulation I require? The bloke who did my plans stated 70mm celotex then Triiso then platerboard. I know he is incorrect as ventilation gap would be 30mm and through reading guidance notes from other councils states 50mm. Any guidance would be much appreciated. Thanks

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back