Loft Insulation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just raised my joists in my loft from 3 x 2 to 7 x 2 to insulate and board. I will also be insulating rafters to get the best insulation possible. As the insulation depth for the joist is required to be 10 inch (270mm) and I only going to be able to fit in 170 mm, I was thinking of stapling a aluminum bubble insulation over the joist with the rockwool in before boarding for added insulation. Will this make much difference for the cost and is there any problems in doing this ?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
It will make absolutely no difference whatsoever, and you would be throwing your money away.

The reflective foil insulation products depend almost entirely on the foil itself to reflect radiant heat. As such, to be at all effective, they need to have a closed air gap each side of the foil to avoid transmitting heat by conduction. Sandwiching them between other materials defeats the object.

Don't waste your time and money.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back