Log Cabin Insulation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, my first post, but longtime reader :D

I have a Dunster House Coronet 300 log cabin, which I'm very happy with [url]http://dunsterhouse.co.uk/log-cabins/3m-x-3m-coronet-300 [/url]. I really enjoyed building it myself. And my wife and I love working in it. It has an insulated roof and floor, celotex on the roof and fibreglass and carpet on the floor. It has double glazing already etc, but we are just wondering if we can insulate the two corner facing rear walls. These are the two walls without windows. The wall thickness is 45mm currently.

//media.diynot.com/209000_208781_66825_73678832_thumb.jpg

The plan at the moment is to use baton across the two rear walls on the outside with 2x4 timber, then use PVC, or exterior wood cladding, to create an outer skin, behind which we could fill with fibreglass and/or celotex. The exterior cladding could then be painted to match the rest of the shed.

Does this sound ok? As a plan?

Do you think it will make any noticeable difference to the rate that the cabin loses heat?

I don't need to add a water barrier do I?

Do I need to be careful about ventilation, or can I make it as draught proof as possible?

Anything to look out for?

Thanks very much for advice :)

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back