loose connection on fuseboard?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I turned the light on in the bathroom last nite and i heard a pop, all the wall/main lights wouldnt work then through-out the house (except the kitchen), I just basically thought it had blown a fuse on the fuseboard, went to inspect but nothing needs resetting or changing... - even pulled out a few fuses to check, all these seemed ok too.

i haven't checked the bulbs yet that went pop in bathroom, i have brought them to work to check them out !! if they are alright and non have blown, what does this mean??

any idea's?? any help appreciated, thanks in advance!!

Sponsored Links
There may be a bad connection in the bathroom light fitting or ceiling rose. You may find that that the bathroom is the second room on the circuit and that the loop wire taking the permenant live to the next room has burnt out.

Or The Neutral.

Could also be dropped L or N at any ceiling pendent or J-box etc etc.

Sponsored Links
thanks for replying... will try these 2nite if i get chance.

1 more thing, hopefully this is just a coincidence - our living room has 3 wall lights in total, and for ages now we have only ever used 1 of them, mainly cuz the other 2 the bulbs had gone, anyway on saturday evening the main light we used had gone, so i went to replace the bulb with a new one and it wouldnt work!! so from sat nite onwards we had no wall lights that worked, then this goes and happens last night to the rest of the wall lights through-out the house besides the kitchen lights.

just wondering if this would have had anything to do with it?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back