Lost your car keys? It may cost you

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
http://driving.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,22750-2198658,00.html

..Advances in technology and security systems mean replacement keys can now cost several hundred pounds. In calls to franchised dealers last week, we found prices for replacement keys ranging from £71 for an X-reg Aston Martin DB7 to £900-£1,000 for a 1999 Alfa Romeo 146, with waiting times of anything up to 10 days during which the owner may be unable to use the car......
Peter Byrne, 62, of Co Wicklow, Ireland, found this out when he lost the keys to his 2003 Toyota Avensis and was quoted Eur1,200-1,400 (£818-£955) for a replacement set. "I was told the whole electronic management system would need replacing as well as the keys," said Byrne. "I just can't believe how expensive a key can be. You used to be able to get a new one cut at the locksmith's for under a tenner."...

;)

Sponsored Links
Yep, your key cost as much as my upgrade .. You said 'Jehova buy a computer !"
I'll say 'Lordy, buy a another car' ... You nearly did ! :eek: :eek:

I'm going to, but I couldn't sell the old one, 'cos it wouldn't start. There's the slight difference, you can sell old cars :D, old computers well......

Sponsored Links
Slight difference? Look fine with a blooming old Renault parked on me desk !!.. keyless to boot ;)
:D

Back