Low boiler pressure. 24i greenstar junior

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
If anyone can shed some light on this, id be greatful :D

My boiler has recently started to drop in pressure.

it goes to 0.5 bar cold and rises to just above 1 bar when the heating is on.

It used to stay at 1.5 when cold and rise accordingly.

If i refill the system i obtain a better pressure (for a day or so). the next morning my boiler pressure has dropped down to 0.5 bar again. There is also water leaking out the bottom of the boiler unit. I have a jug underneath to catch this. The qty of water is about a full mug of tea (no more).

If i leave it running for a few days (say a week), the boiler will operate at 0.5 bar when cold and raise to just above 1 when on. No further water will leak out until next time i refill the system.

I bleed the rads every time i refull too.

Worchester bosch greenstar 24i junior is the make BTW. With 7 rads. Complete system 3 yrs old.

Although my house still warms up (eventually) when operating at this low pressure, is it a fact that the boiler will demand more energy (gas usage) then it would when operating at an ideal pressure of over 1 bar when cold nd rising accordingly??

Sponsored Links
sounds like something is leaking inside your boiler and consequently that is why your pressure is dropping.The water pressure has nothing to do with how much gas the boiler uses or how efficient it is
you need to get the leak sorted

thank you. I have signed up for a service contract. waiting for them to come out and fix it. Only just bought the house.

was using approx 3.5cum/day (heating on morning 2 hr and eve 4hr). Ironically thats the exact same usage i had in my last house on an old back boiler with same pattern of usage.

I was peed off to find my usage has now gone up to 6.5 cum/day since the cold weather has set in.

OK, ive moved form a 2up,2dwn terrace to a slightly larger 3be semi, but i thought these condensing combi boiler are supposed to be more efficient????? however im using twice as much.

And my oven is electric (it was gas at my old place).

Ouch

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back