Low pressure flow from hot water taps in bathroom

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all I have a hot water cylinder in loft conventional boiler I get really low pressure flow from the bathroom taps, looking in the loft where the pipes for the taps runs i notice one has a larger diameter 22m maybe then the other which maybe 15mm. Is this correct for hot and cold or should they both be 22mm wide any advice would be great thank you

Attachments

• IMG_0137.jpeg
    IMG_0137.jpeg
    350.5 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_0136.jpeg
    IMG_0136.jpeg
    319.5 KB · Views: 42
Sponsored Links
Very conventional 22mm hot and 15mm cold on vented cylinder setups.
Those pipes should really be insulated.
With a vented cylinder the hot water pressure is governed by the difference in height between the water level in the header tank and the bathroom tap. So if the tank water level is 2 metres above the bathtap you'll get at best 0.2 bar pressure. Those pipe runs look quite long, that'll reduce the apparent pressure as well.

Ok thank you for the advice can a pump of some type be fitted

Sponsored Links
Also depends on the tap and the connections to it. Both the taps and the feeds need to be designed for low pressure

The normal approach to gravity fed hot and cold would be 22mm all the way to the taps for both. That maximises available flow. Never use mixer/monobloc 1/4 turn taps as they are inherently restrictive internally and the flexi hoses they use kill flow.

Pumping would be the normal solution but as suggested the system needs to be set up to run that properly.

Reactions: CBW
Hi all I have a hot water cylinder in loft conventional boiler I get really low pressure flow from the bathroom taps, looking in the loft where the pipes for the taps runs i notice one has a larger diameter 22m maybe then the other which maybe 15mm. Is this correct for hot and cold or should they both be 22mm wide any advice would be great thank you

That read as if someone has made the mistake of fitting high pressure taps, on your system, which needs low pressure taps.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back