Luxury Vinyl Planks Under Toilet ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My preference is to remove the toilet and vanity unit in our small bathroom so the fitter can plywood and stick the Moduleo vinyl tiles down without having to cut around things. I always think this is the better and cleaner way of doing things and avoids any breaks in the flooring.

Is this the "ideal" way of doing it ?

Sponsored Links
Our architect said fitted furniture (toilets, sinks, kitchen units, etc) should always be directly on the structural floor. The floor finish should be laid around it afterwards.

Thought about that but I have always fitted it on top of the flooring which has usually bee wood or laminate. Change the fitted furniture or the toilet and you could have a mismatch and a big gap around the units and another opportunity for water to get in. I think my concern around using Luxury vinyl flooring is its softer than laminate of course. Manufacturers i've looked at suggest laying it on top of the flooring. But I guess either is OK and both have their "issues" ....

I will also ask the fitter as I would do it myself but this is the first time i've used Luxury vinyl.

There's never a perfect solution, building work is all about boding it together in the best way!

Sponsored Links
So true... but thanks for the advice as its something to consider. I think given I'm laying plywood then a glued LVT on top it may come up too high on a toilet mounted on the floor. But I'll see when the man arrives in a couple of weeks. Thanks again

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back