main 24 boiler no hot water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all. I had a problem with a leaking stopcock so turned off water from mains outside. replaced stopcock, checked for leaks and found none. turned on hot and cold water taps to rid any air. Boiler showed green light for power on but will not start burner for hot water. tried doing a reset without success. Central heating works fine but when i select hot water the burner will not fire up. Checked the diaphram pin was coming out to operate micro switch- not working. hold micro switch in and boiler fires up but still no hot water from taps. Could this be an airlock somewhere? Boiler was working without any problems before the stopcock was replaced. Any help greatly appreciated. cheerrs robbie

Sponsored Links
your diaphram in the water differential valve is knackered, they cost about £10, get the repair kit one, it has a little washer to take up the wear in the plunger arm, it a easy job you're not working on the gas side, a boiler eng will probly want at least £70 to do it,

Problem sorted. Thanks for the reply and in order to help others deal with this problem in the future, MAKE SURE THE PIPES ARE THE CORRECT WAY AROUND. in my rush to get the job done i inadvertantly connected the water inlet into the hot water pipe. Ah well, you learn from your mistakes and everything is ok now. thanks for the reply. good luck to all robbie

:eek: i just cannot picture in my mindseye how you can connect into the hot water pipe, you've no need to cut it at all when changing the stop tap, you've got to be winding me up.

Sponsored Links
new kitchen with sink etc. leaking stopcock and a bodged up outside tap connection. Really was a nightmare but now it looks the businness, very tidy and working. learn from mistakes. being so tired i should have stopped for a while but with no water and young kids in the house and the kitten went missing (under the new kitchen units). still cannot understand it though. robbie

Careful planning and some removable stop ends and the plumbing can be interrupted for coffee or a break whilst still enabling the water to be reconnected.

Tony

i know now. Like i said earlier, you learn from your mistakes and if , by posting my mistakes on here it may stop others making the same mistakes. Please. no more admonishments over this . cheers for all the input from you all. robbie

by the way, we had a gas boiler engineer round to identify the problem and he said it was the diapragm that was knackered and gave a quote of £80 to repair it. No mention of the pipes being wrongly connected. Information about the pipework was gained from this site and subsequently the engineer was told that he was not needed. some engineer! Anyways alls well that ends well. once again thank you all. cheers Robbie.

I had a case like this years ago. Put a combi, new rads and controls etc in a doctors' surgery. All OK. Next thing, the practice manager rings up in a state - no hot water. Rush there, find A N Other had put in a new water main, connected to the hot water pipes. I suggested that I was not free-of-charge at point-of-use, unlike the NHS!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back