Matsui dishwasher not heating up!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have a matsui dishwasher MF2S and it has been getting stuck on cycle I opened it up to check why it was stuck and the water was cold so I know its not the thermostat I have recently replaced this, I tested the element and it came up with 30ohms ish so I am guessing its not this?!

It was stood for about a year not being used, any body have any suggestions on what else to test or what it could be?

Its a cold water feed dishwasher and worked absolutely fine in the same place before it was not used for a while!

Thanks your help is much appreciated in this Christmas time of need!!

:D

Sponsored Links
All dishwashers are cold feed. A no heat problem usually boils down to one of the following: Heater element defective, thermostat/NTC fault, break in wiring/bad connection, faulty heater relay on the pcb, or a malfunctioning pressure/safety switch. Your element sounds ok & if you changed the thermostat that leaves the rest. Some more detective work is needed. Matsui isn't one of the most common makes so I can only supply generic information I'm afraid.

Thanks for your reply,

I tested the wires to the element and it doesn't get a reading i tried it through the cycle in parts where I know it should heat up, so I am guessing its something else, it looks like everything is run by the timer because all the wires go back to that, I had it apart last night and I cant figure out what to do, if the element is giving 30ohms reading then it has to be ok?

any idea on what more investigating I can do, what should I be looking for to test?

Thanks

Process of elimination as outlined in my last post. Your element is ok but I can't locate any specific technical information on this make/model. If the wiring/connections, NTC, & pressure/safety switch all check out ok then the fault has to be on the pcb (heater relay).

Sponsored Links
Did you manage to fix it, because I have the same dishwasher with the same problem, any help would be much appreciated :cool:

Did you manage to fix it, because I have the same dishwasher with the same problem, any help would be much appreciated :cool:

The Matsui MF2W/A and MF2S/A are similar machines which look the same and share a common instruction book.

You won't find any circuit diagrams online as these machines are specifically supplied by Curry's as being its own make.

When your Matsui MF2W/A timer stops earlier in its cycle, turn off the water and unplug the machine.

Pull it out and put it on its back. Remove the base panel. Remove the anti-flooding interlock. Unplug the two cables feeding the heater element and check its resistance. Should be 30 ohm or thereabouts.

If not the heaters defective and you should replace it. You'll need an 8mm spanner to do so.

Pull the cables off each of the two thermostats and check resistance. It should be in the order of .5 ohm or less. If the reading is high then replace.

As you haven't interferred with the pressure switches there is no need to recommission these.

Remount the anti-flooding interlock and refit the base pan.

For a fuller discussion Google the exact phrase — Re: Matsui MF2W/A dishwasher stuck cycle

And that’s it. Job done.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back