Maximising efficiency ideal logic system boiller

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm looking to.improve our efficiency during the winter. We have a system boiler with 2 heating zones and a water tank, the house is relatively new and good insulation.

i've looked at smart thermostats both hive and ideal halo. At the moment the boiler is set to 70c. Is it worth looking at halo as I believe this is opentherm and will offer efficency benefits? Does the halo offer opentherm on both the upstairs heating and downstairs zones?

All local installers are offering hive and not the halo? Ideal customer services didn't know what I was talking about.

Someone has also recommended changing the radiators for larger ones to allow te boiler to run at a significantly lower temperature?

My daughter has medical needs so the heating is set to 19.5c overnight during winter so the boiler is running alot

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Hive is rubbish. Look at EPH CP4 controls, they can do 2 heating zones plus hot water on OpenTherm

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back