Merlyn shower door

Sponsored Links
Merlyn are a good make so if your happy its been installed correctly then i would ring the manufacturer and see what they say. Ive fitted a few similar to yours with no probs.

Where does it flex? just on the sliding door?
If this is the case then have you set up and adjusted runners for the door correctly?
They should be adjusted so it runs smoothly ,but not so it shoots along too fast, try this first and see what happens. Should be easy to do on merlyn as i have one .

I flexes in the middle. If i push on it then all is good. If i let go then you get the wiper move off from the fixed door. I thought the adjustment was for it closing? Could this effect my problem as the door seals on the magnetic strip fine.Yes seems to be the sliding door

Have you put the correct seal strips on the correct parts? some stick out further than others, just a thought.

Sponsored Links
There is only one strip that comes with it. I have put it on sliding door so wiper(should)touch the fixed door. I'll take a pic if i could upload it. Although door is level, i wonder if i get it put of true so it leans forward very slightly, that may cause the door to flex the other way???

just try putting seal on fixed door, and dont tilt it, all manuals state everything is to be square and plumb, if no joy get on to merlyn.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back