Miele Novotronic T250C drier not heating except on timed

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My tumble drier has stopped heating on its automatic settings, though it turns normally.

After reading various helpful forum posts, I have checked that the thermostat and NTC sensor at the back of the machine seem to be working OK. (Thermostat has no resistance, NTC 135 Kohms, dropping to 35 Kohms when heated with a hair drier).

The resistance of the heater element, measured from its connections at the circuit board, gives 70 ohms.

If I set the drier to timed air, then it does heat up. This suggested the residual moisture circuit as the problem. The drier has a display which shows the residual moisture on the front panel and this drops from showing simply Drying to Machine iron to Hand iron as the timed drying proceeds, so the sensor itself is working.

I'm stuck as to how to diagnose further. There seem to be a couple of relays on the circuit board - might one of these be stuck?

Suggestion for what I should try next are very welcome.

** added since original posting: there are two drying options on the dial - Cottons and Minimum iron. the default setting we have always used is Cottons, which no longer works, but I have now discovered the Minimum iron does produce warm air. Presumably there are actually two heating elements and it is the hotter one which has failed, or isn't getting power?

thanks

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back