Mira Extra Mixer bath shower dribbling...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
This is for a friend so if you need more info it might take me longer to find out...

They have this shower and the shower head keeps dribbling when turned off.
I have a different type of Mira shower (not a bath mixer one) and had a similar problem that was solved with a replacement seal kit. So that is what I advised them to try.
They bought the kit and have replaced all the seals in the shower part (bar one - one seal in the pack didn't match the one on the shower - but the existing one seems in good condition -as they all did - they are contacting the supplier to get the right one .
But it seems to have made no difference - the dribble is still there.
Could anything else be causing the dribble? The taps aren't dribbling -just the shower.

Sponsored Links
I dont know if its a quarter turn operation or just a spinning tap head, but either the tap washer(s) or the quarter turn cartridge needs replacing on both or either one of the hot and cold. You can either get washers for it, tap reviver kits or new cartridge.

Sorry just trying to get it clear in my head
It has a separate shower valve and that is the part that has had replacement seals (reviver kit I guess) - the shower bit is controlled by one knob - turns the shower on and controls the temperature.
The taps themselves appear just to control the flow into the bath but then the shower valve is situated in the main body of the taps -guess they must be connected somehow -to divert the flow ....
So the taps themselves need servicing? Even if It isn't dribbling from the taps -just the shower?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back