Mist Coat - May have gone horribly wrong

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I had my bathroom replaced and a spart of this the walls and ceilings were replastered.

I decided to do the miost coat yestersday in preparation for painting next week. I think I have done it wrong.

I used Johnstones White Matt paint and watered it down to anout 1 parts water to 4 parts paint, it was very very runny and I tried rollering in on the ceiling and it just driped all over me. So I added some more paint back in and mixed well. It applied much more easily and was like something between single and double cream in consistancey. I can't help think I have mucked up and put it on too thick. Whatd can I do

Sponsored Links
give it plenty of time to dry (few days) and carry on. Hopefully there was enough water in the paint for it to bond. You'll know if the next coat peels. You could wipe the walls with a wet sponge in the hope it isn't set yet.. But that probably wont help much.

Thanks, I will try letting it dry for a few days. I have just rubbed it with my finger this morning about 14 hrs after applying and there is a paint residue on my finger. If it fails what are my options?

Buy a dog and go for a long walk while someone else does the job.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back