Mixer shower advice/recommendations

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm in the process of planning to do the bathroom up for my gran and I'm going to replace the current electric shower with a mixer shower.

So, I'm looking for some advice please. Is any one make better than another? Prices vary hugely from under a £100 for some to over £300 for the likes of Mira.

I know it needs to be thermostatically controlled but how good is the thermostatic control on a mixer? When our central heating is on, the first three minutes or so of hot water comes through at a scalding temperature before it settles down to what the thermostat is set at, so would a mixer shower compensate for that? I was looking at the Mira Excel and it claims to be the safest shower out there - but is it and is it worth the money?

Any advice gratefully received - I don't want to boil my granny alive in the shower!

Sponsored Links
If you want safety you're best going for a TMV3 shower. These are what are specified for healthcare premises. Most domestic thermostatic showers are TMV2. have a look at Rada showers (Same parent company as Mira but commercial arm)

Sponsored Links
The one thing forgot! It's going onto a condensing combi boiler.

And I'll have a look at Rada showers too - thanks for that.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back