Mixer Taps and Mains Cold Water Supply

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I am fitting a new bathroom suite which has Mixer taps, our water supply is:

Cold Water Mains
Hot Water Indirect vented Cylinder.

As the mixer is connected to the mains I read that I need to fit Non return valves, what is the difference between single and double Non return/ check valves and which should I use.

Sponsored Links
Hi

I have fitted a Pump to the Hot supply which boosts that nicely, both hot and cold must now be near equal pressure, the Shower Mixer works OK but, want to fit the Non Return Valves, should they be double or single, should each mixer tap in the bathroom have one fitted to each "tap" or can one be fitted to the cold and hot supply as it enters the bathroom after or before the isolating valves.

The Shower mixer is a "manual" type would a pressure equalising valve reuce the risk of scald i fother cold tap turned on, or would I be better looking for Thermostatic valve to fit??

Cheers
Terry

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back