Modular steel tubing kits?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Can anybody help - I am looking to build something from steel tubing but dont want to weld as I need to be able to dismantle the construction at a moments notice. Are there any suppliers of modular steel tubing kits(I suppose i`m thinking along the lines of meccano here) with fixings/joints/hinges/clamps etc. I have several things in the garage that would be suitable (i.e. hinges on a halfords bike rack and clamps from a bedside spot lamp) however I am a bit loathed to hack these up. The construction just has to be sturdy but not take any kind of major weight.

Cheers

Lee

Sponsored Links
if the bits are sitting in your garage why not use them, they do appear to be doing much else, it would be cheaper for you since most "modular things" are designed for a specific purpose, the nearest you could get would be scafoldinding, but that weighs a lot, there is also lighting rigs which are modular, but they are vey expensive.

A friend of mine, in the entertainment business sometimes has to build a small stage, he uses scaffolding tower parts which come with clip on bars building outwards instead of up! cheap (ish) to hire, not to pricey to buy.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back