Nest thermostat and Ideal combi Es35

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Good morning .
My wife has purchased a google nest thermostat because she like the look of it. When the engineer came to fit it he has said that it isnt compatible with our boiler.
When looking online ive found a couple of differeent answers.
My question is can i get it wired in to work opentherm ? ive attached the install manual for the boiler and a wiring loom that came up while i was searching the internet.
if it cant be wired up to operate with opentherm can it still be used as a regular thermostat ? Thanks in advance for your help.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Hive doesn’t support opentherm, so it‘s not compatible that way, but yes you can absolutely use it as an on/off thermostat. I don’t know why you were told it’s incompatible.

Sponsored Links
ok thank you for your advise . Just so im clear ive understood you correctly .
i can use the nest as a normal stat just to call for heating on and off but to get the full benefit from the nest id need a extra bit of kit so the opentherm could be used. and this would be a wireless kit?

ok thank you for your advise . Just so im clear ive understood you correctly .
i can use the nest as a normal stat just to call for heating on and off
Yes.
but to get the full benefit from the nest id need a extra bit of kit so the opentherm could be used. and this would be a wireless kit?
I think you’ve misunderstood this. It‘s Ideal (who make the boiler) that offer a wireless kit to support open therm, not compatible with other manufacturers, such as Nest - does this make more sense?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back