New boiler - damp issues

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I had a new boiler installed about a month ago and I've noticed the external wall seems to constantly damp. The patch seems to be originating at the condensate pipe hole? It seems to be seeping through to the internal wall as I've noticed a couple of small patches of damp under the boiler particular on the opposite side of the wall to the metal prong (pressure relief valve?). Does this look normal or should I call back the plumbers who installed it to have a look? Hope the pic has attached. Thanks

Attachments

• 20220119_155830.jpg
    20220119_155830.jpg
    361 KB · Views: 92
Sponsored Links
1. Its not normal.
2. Hard to tell from your photograph whether its from the condensate pipe or the pressure relief pipe.
3. If from the condensate I'd suspect the joint where the condensate from the boiler goes into the larger diameter black pipe.
4. If from the PRV pipe, some sort of boiler fault. Check the boiler pressure, should be between 1.0 and 1.5 bar cold. If greater than 2.5, likely to be leaking. Make sure filling loop is closed.
5. Whatever it is, get the installers back. Unless you have left the filling loop open, its for them to fix and should be no charge.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back