New Boiler - Heat to ground floor, not on first?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, my father and I have just fitted a new boiler. When we reconnected it we quickly got heat to the ground floor with minimal air in radiators, but the first floor of the house isn't heating.

We've tried bleeding the radiators, but they are silent - there is no water in them and there seems to be no air pressure either (I always hear a hiss when I bleed a radiator?).

We've tried turning all the radiators off bar one as well as draining and refilling the system.

Anything else anyone can recommend?

Thanks,

Paul.

Sponsored Links
We've just taken the pipe off a radiator and there is no water in the first floor system at all.

I guess that means a blockage somewhere, but any thoughts on how we find it/fix it?

Discovered an interesting problem when we drained the system - there is still water in the header tank. It only seems to drain to about half way, but still above the outlet pipe.

Some digging in the pipe produced some evil brown gunge stuff, so reckon there is a blockage somewhere.

Does this sound reasonable?

Sponsored Links
Are you Polish plumbers?

You should know that fitting gas boilers should be done by gas registered people!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back