New Circuits and CU change

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, as part of my course I have to make a project plan to add a ring and a lighting circuit to a garage extension and also change the consumer unit which has existing circuits connected to it. The bit I'm not sure about is when to do the CU change. The existing CU is in the garage extension but would this get changed before the plasterer comes in after 1st fix, or after the plasterer? Thanks for your help.

Sponsored Links
What assumptions are you making about the person(s) doing the work?

- One registered person doing all of it, signing the combined EIC, self-certifying BR compliance and notifying LABC?

- Two or three registered persons doing it, signing the appropriate parts of the EIC and notifying LABC?

- Qualified but non-registered person(s) doing the work with prior notification of LABC?

- Non-qualified person(s) doing the work with prior notification of LABC?

If appropriate, what assumptions are you making about what procedures the LABC adopt in practice concerning work done by non-registered persons?

What assumptions are you making about testing of the existing circuits prior to CU exchange?

What assumptions are you making about the results of such tests?

What assumptions are you making about the type of CU?

What course are you doing, and how much value will your resulting qualification be if you get people here to do the work for you?

Hi bas,

The assumptions are that it is one compentent registered person who can self certify and notify LABC with test results. Existing installation would be tested prior to CU change and that the test results are ok. the course I am doing is Bsc Building Surveying. Cheers....

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back