New Gas connection - Alternative to Fulcrum Connections ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've made enquires over the past few years to Transco for a new gas connection to my house. I should perhaps have taken the plunge for £200 in 2002 because it has now risen to £365 !

On the accompanying letter, Fulcrum Connections advise that it may be possible to get an alternative quote from other Gas Transporters or Utility Infrastructure Providers. They provide the following links:

http://www.girs.co.uk/

http://www.sbgi.org.uk

I followed the Lloyds Register link on the GIRS site and called a few companies listed as performing connections and specifically in Scotland, but in every case they said they did not do 1 off domestic connections.

So basically are there any alternatives to Fulcrum Connections (prev Transco) on behalf of Scotland Gas Network Ltd or am I destined to pay them £365 for the privilege ?

Col

Sponsored Links
I've gone through the same thing. I'm stuck with Wales and West utilities. It's a perfect market to be in because like you I have little choice. I either pay their rate or i don't have gas.

Worst still, they sent me someones quote by accident and it was over £100 cheaper but involved the same work as mine! I naturally rang them and questioned it and they claim his property never had gas in the past so he is not liable for vat but i am etc.

I think the whole industry stinks m8 and If i could i would do it all myself :rolleyes:

try applying again in a couple of weeks as there prices change like the wind depending on there work load ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back